Saturday, March 5, 2011

Strutting with the Mutt

This morning was definitely not a pretty wake up call. Getting up at 6:30am is not my idea of a good time though after breakfast it was a bit easier. We got to the Airport early and just hung out with the dogs. The 2011 Mutt Strut the SPCA put on was pretty good. We got a few free samples and it was good to get out and walk with my girl. It was quite windy and cold however, so the activities were cut quite short. After wards we went to Bones2Go and picked up some raw meat and chews for Shimmy. She's all set for this coming week until we start out Spring Break. After the blog update we'll head out to PetSmart to visit Loving Arms. Haven't seen them in forever. Hopefully adoptions will go well today. Later we're headed to the dog park for some fun, so we might as well say, the day has gone to the dogs. And, I am ok with that. I'm glad Shimmy is getting some fun out of the weekend. Hanging out with Ariana tomorrow-MALL DAY! It's been a while since I've gone shopping at the mall. I do actually have things I need to purchase. Aside from that there's nothing huge or new to report. Although I had an early wake up, I'm loving being home again and I think Shimmy does, too! She's currently upstairs on the bed snoozing away. She won't be happy when she gets a bath later. Little Omelette Dog very much dirtied herself up at the Mutt Strut considering it was wet and there were puddles everywhere, but the dog park is going to be very muddy as well and that will definitely call for a Shimmy cleaning. Huge thanks again to everyone who participated in and raised money for the Mutt Strut. It was great to see so many people come out to support those animals that are in need. Definitely something we're doing again next year!

Quote of the Day: "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anatole France

No comments:

Post a Comment