Friday, March 4, 2011

Heading to Houston

Exactly what the title says! Shimmy and I are heading to Houston tonight to visit the madre and participate in tomorrow's SPCA Mutt Strut to raise some awareness and help out animals in need. Hopefully we'll be able to make a trip or two to the dog park as well. I'm all packed and ready to go and did all the things I need to do around the house. Now, we're just waiting for the madre to get here. It's been a pretty good day so far. History was boring as always though at least we're talking about World War II which is my favorite part of History. The World Wars are awesome (not in the sense of haha a bunch of people died, but in the sense of how they developed and how they played out). Going to take home some of my homework to work on that this weekend. I'll most likely just study for the upcoming Biology test and Psychology test. I might start my History paper depending on if I get a reply from my Professor on clarifying his absolutely ridiculously strange instructions. I mean, come on, if you're gonna give out instructions at least make them clear, please and thank you. Some people... No pictures to post yet, haven't done anything too exciting. Well, after I got home I ran into a friend who was out jogging and she joined Shimmy and I on a short walk which was fun. Note to self, hang out with different people more often (though I absolutely love my regular group of awesome college friends). They make life fun. Hopefully the weather will be nice in Houston tomorrow. The weather in College Station is supposed to be quite icky tomorrow. Nonetheless, huge shout out to Dani Kutz who has her Quidditch Tournament tomorrow. Kick some ass girl! As happy as I am to go home to visit my mom, I'm going to miss my friends terribly even if it's just for the weekend. We hang out on a daily basis and I'm always so well distracted I don't miss home as much anymore. God only knows what I'll do without them this summer...winter break was hard enough. Guess we'll find out. Anyway, that's really all that's here to report. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Quote of the day: "The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned. " -Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment