Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo 2011


The rodeo comes to Houston every March, and for me, it's definitely a must-do during Spring Break. It's just not a break without the Rodeo. Andrea, my mom, and I had an absolutely awesome time. We did some shopping, watched some livestock being prepared for show, had some good food, walked around at the carnival, saw KISS in concert, then rode some stuff at the carnival and wrapped up watching a few horses being worked at the arena. We didn't get back until a little after midnight, hence the non blog post yesterday. I thought about writing a post last night/early this morning....and ended up crashing. It was so great to go though and I had the most amazing time. I can't wait to go next year. Though it was great seeing KISS I really want to go sometime to see someone I absolutely have to see, and get closer seats. Maybe next year. Aside from that the rodeo performances were great. There were several good riders and only one barrel racers horse slid down. Everyone was alright though, and no one got hurt, so that was definitely good news. This blog post will probably be more pictures than words, but Facebook will have more pictures. Here are just a few from our awesome day though...

Quote of the Day: "Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -Howard Thurman

No comments:

Post a Comment