Sunday, April 17, 2011

Parents Weekend in Aggieland


Parents weekend started out with tons of good things. Dani slept over on Friday and we took Shimmer to the dog park so she definitely had a good time. Mommy got here around 10 am on Saturday, and we went out to breakfast at IHOP with Dani. Afterwards we hit up some tent sales with Shimmy and I got a new pair of flip flops and two awesome new t-shirts. We dropped Shim off and headed to campus and walked around a bit. Sadly, Reveille wasn't anywhere to be seen, but we went and visited Bisbee. Mom absolutely loved him, and he put on quite a show stalking a couple of squirrels in the trees and on the ground next to his little area. Shimmy then got to take another trip to the dog park, but sadly, there were some ignorant owners and not so well behaved dogs there on Saturday so Shimmy was smart and didn't play much. We headed to Olive Garden for dinner and had oodles of breadsticks (which are the best I might add). Sunday morning we got up and just relaxed a bit. We met Dani and her parents for lunch at Texas Roadhouse around 1pm. Delicious food with good company. After that we went to the hotel and I got to meet Dani's bunny, Genevieve Cinnabun and their dog Bella-absolutely adorable. :) We then headed back to the house so they could meet Shimmer, who milked the attention for all it was worth, as she always does. We then parted ways and mom and I headed to the grocery store, then the mall, and then spooned it up at Spoons Frozen Yogurt. Lastly, Shimmy got to go to the dog park for the third time this weekend and today there were some great people and dogs and Shimmer had a ball! She's so tuckered out right now sleeping. She got a bath afterwards, which she was absolutely outraged about. I have a good smelling dog now, though. Mom had to leave, sadly, but the great news is I get to see her Thursday night since we have Friday off. I've worked on my Chem Lab Final paper and actually finished it which is great news for me! Final on Wednesday and I'll be done with the first year chemistry program's lab section. Though I'm happy it'll be over, this semester wasn't as terrible as last. Well, we'll see what I say after I take that final lab test....that one is always a killer. Regardless, I'm munching on food right now, and hopefully I'll get some more energy in so that I can write my History paper. Granted, it isn't due until the 25th, but why not get ahead while I can? I've still got quite a bit to do next week and if I can catch up or get ahead in any way tonight, I'll take that chance! Aside from that, it was an awesome weekend filled with good food, great people, and fun times!!! I feel refreshed and ready to tackle this week. Summer is almost here!

Quote of the Day: "In between goals is a thing called life that has to be lived and enjoyed." -Sid Caesar

No comments:

Post a Comment