Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Junior Year....where does the time go?

I'm into the first week of Junior year at Texas A&M. Wow. I'm fairly certain I didn't see it approaching this weekly! I'm taking 13 hours this semester, I've picked classes I need and my schedule looks pretty much perfect. Aside from that, I'm allowed to WHOOP! :) Day 1 was great except for the 7am wake up. It's been ages since I woke up that early and I know I was not feeling it and neither were the dogs. But, we got through the day. Shimmer and I headed off and we had a successful day in Ecology and Math. She was super excited to see our favorite math professor again! I'm hoping this will be the final time I have to face Calculus. Unfortunately, Calculus has had the pleasure of kicking my ass a few times. Today was great too except that the bus schedule is still so wonky (as it always is during week 1). We waited in the heat for quite a while and I'm honestly thrilled with the booties that came in for Shimmer. They're very well made and were super affordable. For anyone who wants some, here is the link. Today we had political science and organic chemistry 2. Organic Chemistry 2....that's a mouthful and such a scare! I won't lie because that is the one class that kind of makes me want to run and hide. The good news? I have a friend in that class and we can be study buddies. Life's always better when you have someone to cry with over the fact that organic chemistry is beating your brain in with a sledgehammer. No I'm just kidding...we're going to do our best.

I'm back in my productivity rhythm and am on top of my homework. Seems I just do very well when I have things to do and keep the occupied. The pups have been doing so well. As I mentioned I have to give credit to Shimmer for being the best worker around. She just seems to take everything in stride. New schedule, new times, new places and people and she's still as careless as ever. Just another day for the Amazing Omelette! Vengeance is being very patient. The roommate tells me he did have a temper tantrum today for a while but then quieted down. I can't imagine it's easy for him either. A whole new rhythm and he has to stay home in his crate by himself. Though, if he didn't have the desire to eat the bottom of my bed maybe he could be out...doesn't seem like that will happen for a good while though!

Tomorrow it's up again at 7am, but the good thing is I only have class from 9:10-11:10am and then I can come home and nap! Naps are good. They aren't just for kindergarten I tell you. Naps are just as effective and awesome for a 20 year old college student. It really is ironic how we protest sleep as children and when we're in college we're just all over that stuff. This picture...yup, just about covers it.


No comments:

Post a Comment