Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer Fun

Wow, we've had a pretty good summer! The dogs and I have pretty much been doing nothing but enjoying the free time. Sleeping in is on the top of the priority list. Included is trips to the dog park and the beach. We had a great time at the Reliant Dog Show this year even though Shimmer didn't play agility. It was baby's first reliant however and he rocked helping out with the frisbee demos. Future frisbee star. Just maybe...We've also made lots of trips to our friend's house and hung out to let the dogs play. Vengeance has done much guinea pig watching and Shimmer chewed several bully sticks.

I can't say I'm not ready to go back to school though. I'm sure I'll regret saying that within a few days of school starting. This semester shouldn't be too rough though. 13 hours of classes and a very nice and flexible schedule with plenty of free time for studying and club activities. I can't believe it's my junior year already. Time sure does fly. I can officially WHOOP now, which is a privilege I've been waiting for and I'm nearing the hours to earn my Aggie Ring. That'll be exciting though that's another year off.

Unfortunately we've been poor college goers this summer and have had little money. We haven't had an agility trial since April 2012 and I know Shimmer misses it just as much as I do. We were lucky enough to get to attend agility class for the month of July though. I did miss not being there tonight though. Still, better something than nothing, right?

Vengeance had is first birthday party and lots of friends over. He enjoyed his cake and ice cream as well as presents too! Shimmer has a birthday in about a month and a half! Hard to believe my best girl will be lucky number 7 this year. We'll have to have a big celebration for her as well!

I'm sure there's more we've done this summer but as of now these are the highlights. We go back in 10 days to get settled in College Station again. I'll attend some Gig 'em week events and work Shimmer before classes start to get her back on schedule with riding the bus and walking campus. And then the real work begins again...


No comments:

Post a Comment