Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pay It Forward

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I can do to help others. There have been so many times in my own life where I've been in a tough spot or had a rough time. People have come through for me over and over again showing their kindness and willingness to help. I've been considering what I, myself, could do for others and started looking up homeless shelters in the area. I know I'm always actively involved in animal rescue and animal shelters, but people run into problems too. Back when I was getting ready to graduate high school my parents decided to separate and my dad practically kicked us out. Not many people except close friends know this. My mom and I were in a terrible spot and lucky for us our family and a wonderful friend who we now consider family has helped us out and is still helping us.

So here's my idea. I'm going to need your help. Let's do something for others. Animals and people alike. I'm going to start a collection "box" so to speak. If you have absolutely any items that are laying around that you cannot or do not use, whether they would be something an animal shelter or human shelter could use, I would love it if you could donate it. If you're close to me, please drop it off or maybe I can pick it up somehow. If you're further away and still want to help out maybe you could send a gift card or light items instead. I'm going to run this from today until December 15, 2012. At that point I'll be home in Houston for the Christmas break and will pick one animal shelter as well as a human shelter to donate the items to.

I'm sure that these shelters could use our help even more so during the holiday season. Many animals spend their holidays in the shelter and don't have a family yet. There are many people that don't have homes around the holiday season and these shelters provide hope for them. I would love to see what we can do together as a group of people. It's all about paying it forward and doing things for others.

If you want to send something to help out, the address to send it to is

Marcella Ward
2413 Brittain Court
College Station, Tx 77845

If you want to give it to me in person because you live close by then please just text or call me.

Please share this idea with your friends and ask them if there is anything they are willing and able to donate. I'm super excited about this idea and really hope that I can accomplish a lot through this. I'm feeling inspired and hope to inspire each of you to go out and do something in your community. We all can do something to help. Thanks guys!




Shimmer and Vengeance say, "Please to donate items for a good cause!"

1 comment:

  1. I have lots to donate Marcella, especially after our move! I'll save for you when you come back to Houston, ok? Helene.

    ReplyDelete