Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Final Grades, Trial Results, and Puppy News

So, I passed the second semester with great grades. I improved my performance from last semester and I'm still sitting comfortably. I'm happy with the way things turned out and received every grade I expected to get.

Shimmy is doing fabulously well, going to the dog park, enjoying herself, recuperating from the trial and being a good little dog. The trial went awesome and she was just a great little dog. I couldn't ask for more.

Saturday
Advanced Standard-NQ, I sent her off course, but everything else was perfect!
Advanced Pairs (with Chuck and Scream)-NQ, both of the girls kind of just had a great time. Good to see them enjoying themselves!
Masters Gamblers-NQ, super hard gamble but a beautiful opening.
Masters Snooker-Q, so close to a superQ but 2 wonderful 26" dogs beat us by two points. Regardless, she was great, and she's gaining her confidence in snooker as am I.
Sunday
Masters Jumpers-NQ, overtime by 2.61 seconds due to a distraction by the ring. She ran a nice 33.61 though which is huge improvement compared to the 40second runs she used to give me at the end of the days. We're slowly getting faster!
Masters Gamblers-Another tough gamble, but again, a wonderful opening.
Advanced Standard-E, great teeter even at a tough angle, but she scared the crap out of me by jumping off of the dogwalk. At first I had a meltdown thinking it was something I did or something that scared her, but everyone I asked said she was probably just tired and didn't have enough support from me.

Goals for the next trial:
Support her dogwalk more
Keep encouraging the teeter
Keep asking for dogwalks in gamblers as she's getting faster with them
Continuously improving jumpers times
Pushing for not just "safe" snooker runs but running for points
Keep making things as flowy as possible for her
*Granted, not all of these at once necessarily, but we'll keep bettering ourselves as a team

Aside from that, there were hours of puppy conversation at like 2am because it was just awesome. Piper went into heat May 20, 2010 and November, 21, 2010 so she should be starting again any day now. I received lots of new pictures that I will have to post as well. Lots of information about relatives and what not, and I'm just so excited to hear that puppies will be cooking soon! This whole thing still seems sort of surreal and is hard to wrap my mind around...

For now, pictures of relatives will have to do! (Piper and Jake pictures are in the other post)






C.J. Rock, grandpa on Dam's side













Val, grandma on Dam's side













Pip, Uncle to puppies (Dam's littermate)







I've definitely got tons of other pictures, but this will do for now seeing as I'll keep updating as things develop this summer, and I want to have pictures for different blog posts. Still excited, and I can't wait. Hopefully, I'll be able to update soon again! As awesome as this puppy thing is, I'm still definitely thinking about all the details and wondering about how things will turn out. But, the quote below should describe it all! I'm hoping that raising him goes smoothly and well, but I can't guarantee I won't make mistakes, but this is a new experience, and you've got to start somewhere right?

Quote of the Day: "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment