Sunday, May 1, 2011

10 Days and Counting

It will be summer in officially 10 days. Tomorrow I've got all classes, but all review, and I get to find out my Biology lab practical grade. Fingers crossed. Psych and Chem grades aren't up yet, which is a total bummer. Tuesday I only have Chem class, and even that is a review so there's no pressure. No class on Wednesday or Thursday-University's way of paying us back for the torture and giving us 2 extra study days for finals. Finals start Friday but I'm fortunate enough to not have any on Friday and will have a 5 day weekend before my Chem final on Monday, Bio final on Tuesday, and History final on Wednesday. I'll be heading home that evening and we'll make a trip back up here to put all my things in storage until we can move it into the new place. Yesterday was super fun, IHOP dinner with friends and then just hanging out watching some tv. This Wednesday, pre-birthday dinner for Dani, since she has a summer birthday and we won't all be together to celebrate. Seriously, so excited for the summer though. The weekend after school is out May 14-15th we've got a USDAA trial in New Caney, which should be super fun. Love the show site, love the people, and love USDAA of course. It'll be little Shimmy's first time in Advanced Standard (and of course Advanced Pairs). Megan gets to judge her so that will be exciting, too! Afterwards, we're hoping to get Shimmer enticed enough to go swim at the lake next to the show site...Smack should be a big enough incentive, but we'll see. I'm pleased to say her paw pads are almost all healed up and the skin is growing together nicely. Hopefully we won't have this happen again (though it's bound to happen with dogs), and if it does, hopefully we're fortunate enough to have it happen when we don't have a trial and can give them time to heal. We'll just have to be more cautious from now on and do paw checks. Aside from that, I was super excited because I dug up some old coupons for trials in my folder, which means, I'll get one run free in June for the USDAA up here in College Station. Planning to enter both days for that as well, and after that RELIANT! :) Favorite show ever-I'm already super psyched for it. After that we've got some ideas for upcoming shows, but nothing is set in stone. Well, I guess I've rambled enough, but as you can tell, summer=excitement. Hope everyone I know has a good finishing up to their school year, all my non going school friends-hope life is treating you well, and for all my college friends getting ready for finals-good luck!

Quote of the Day: "Get excited and enthusiastic about your own dream. This excitement is like a forest fire-you can smell it, taste it, and see it from a mile away." -Denis Waitley

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with finals and end of the year! Don't think I'm going to make it to CS in June, and not doing Reliant again, so good luck there!

    ReplyDelete